Good reasons for leaving your job - interview help.?

This is a discussion on Good reasons for leaving your job - interview help.? within the Interview/Resume Tips forums, part of the Career Forum; I left my last job before getting a new one, as one of my Managers was impossible to work with, ...

noodle_chow is offline YahooHoo

Default Good reasons for leaving your job - interview help.?

I left my last job before getting a new one, as one of my Managers was impossible to work with, changing barriers all the time, being nice one day and not the next for no apparent reason.

However I need to go for interviews and they will ask "Why did you leave your last job!" Nobody goes for another job unless they are unhappy in their current one, but what is a good reason to give the interviewer?

I don't want to be negative against the company (as it was a good company to work for) or give the actual reason as I believe this would not help me get another job.

Any suggestions?

Ryan is offline YahooHoo

New challenges and experiences.

yogendrapsharma is offline Entry Level Fresher

Default Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by noodle_chow View Post
    I left my last job before getting a new one, as one of my Managers was impossible to work with, changing barriers all the time, being nice one day and not the next for no apparent reason.

However I need to go for interviews and they will ask "Why did you leave your last job!" Nobody goes for another job unless they are unhappy in their current one, but what is a good reason to give the interviewer?

I don't want to be negative against the company (as it was a good company to work for) or give the actual reason as I believe this would not help me get another job.

Any suggestions?
    hi!
    its always to be what you are and you have a valid reason to leave. you can share this with the new recruiter and also put forward that the company was very good. and that had not been this reason you could have continued. You need to keep minimum 2 references (seniors mostly ) to put your statement strongly and offer these refernces to the recruiter and prove that your situaton is right. this ma =y be done even if he / she does not ask for any clarification and suo-moto you can help and prove yourself.
    in future if you fall in the same position then do not leave the job, but instead i would suggest you to climb up the ladder with a simple complaint and go top upto th CMD (if required).
    NO ONE WILL DARE WORRY YOU FOR NO REASONS UNLESS YOU ARE AT FAULT.
    THIS Is A BET

yogendrapsharma at gmail dot com

Financial controller
    RHSPL.

Deepti Mishra is offline Entry Level Fresher

"Why did you leave your last job!"
    Yeah this question is always a headache for me when getting ready for a new job, but I always answer this by saying I left the Job because i want growth and to enhance my knowledge.

helianthusdd is offline Entry Level Fresher

I found an article in which they give many samples that you should refer:

• I found myself bored with the work and looking for more challenges. I am an excellent employee and I didn't want my unhappiness to have any impact on the job I was doing for my employer.
    • There isn't room for growth with my current employer and I'm ready to move on to a new challenge.
    • I'm looking for a bigger challenge and to grow my career and I couldn't job hunt part time while working. It didn't seem ethical to use my former employer's time.
    • I was laid-off from my last position when our department was eliminated due to corporate restructuring.
    • I'm relocating to this area due to family circumstances and left my previous position in order to make the move.
    • I've decided that is not the direction I want to go in my career and my current employer has no opportunities in the direction I'd like to head.
    • After several years in my last position, I'm looking for an company where I can contribute and grow in a team-oriented environment.
    • I am interested in a new challenge and an opportunity to use my technical skills and experience in a different capacity than I have in the past.
    • I recently received my degree and I want to utilize my educational background in my next position.
    • I am interested in a job with more responsibility, and I am very ready for a new challenge.
    • I left my last position in order to spend more time with my family. Circumstances have changed and I'm more than ready for full-time employment again.
    • I guess you choose one or two reason appropriate with you. Maybe it's too short, so, develop ideas and practice.
    • Good luck in your interview!

sanath123 is offline Entry Level Fresher

If you want to leave a job then you ask to HR that please increment by salary by 80%, other wise i will leave the job. This is best reason for leaving a job.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

another reason is that you don't do any work and you break the rules of company. It is also good reason to leave job.