How do I dress for a semi-formal interview?

This is a discussion on How do I dress for a semi-formal interview? within the Interview/Resume Tips forums, part of the Career Forum; I am a 40_smething man who hasnt been on an interview in years. Most of the dress clothes I wore ...

greg L is offline YahooHoo

Default How do I dress for a semi-formal interview?

I am a 40_smething man who hasnt been on an interview in years. Most of the dress clothes I wore are too small now. I have a dark-blue sport-coat, and a brown woolish sport coat. Dockers and jeans for pants. Some dress leather shoes in brown and black.

Traveller is offline Entry Level Fresher

I'd say beige dockers and brown jacket; or dark blue/black slacks and blue sport coat. Match the shoes. Tie or no tie depending the job you are applying for and the type of company it is. don't want in the door without tie if you suspect everyone who works there will have a tie on. Good luck.

danksquish is offline YahooHoo

Where the dockers and the dress shoes. The sport coat is optional for a "semi-formal" interview. You should go with a nice button up collared shirt. A tie is optional based on how nice the shirt is. This also depends on what type of job you're applying for (VP of finance or a rental car seller).

merrybodner is offline YahooHoo

Brown is not a dress for success color. Go with the blue, dress shirt and tie. It's always better to overdress than underdress. Shine your shoes, too. Good luck.

VIRGINIA6 is offline Entry Level Fresher

Lacey stockings? Umm no! Go get your self a pair of gloves something that matches, a really nice purse, long earrings and a fancy necklace, nice heels, pay the extra for a nice hair-do usually up is more formal. and maybe a shall, you can go lacey with that, and get a date and give each other corsages.