Thread: Are there any tests that help me choose a career that's in line with my...

Default Are there any tests that help me choose a career that's in line with my...

...personality, values and believes? What are they?

Tons of them. Go to google and type in " career quizzes" and it will give you a list of what you might be good and talented at for a future career, after you have tken the quiz! Goodluck with your career! Hope this helps

you can check out collegeboard.com
    I know its for high school students, but there are a couple of quizzes/tests on there that match you with careers/majors that may fit you

Myers-Brigg aptitude tests

Aptitude tests.

There is a book at the library that is called
    What color is my Parachute. It may help
    you out. Also if you can afford it, try some
    volunteer work, may work out in your favor.
    Good Luck.

The Meyers-Briggs is a nice personality inventory.

You might also want to try the NEO-PI-R, which measures the "Big Five" personality traits - oppenness, neuroticism, conscientiousness, extraversion and agreeableness. Certain traits are correlated with aptitude for certain jobs, for instance, a person with a high score on oppenness being interested in things like the arts and creative work.

As far as matching your career to your personality, there are several aptitude and interest inventories. A career counsellor should be able to assist you with this.

As for career interest, there

Plenty. I say just go ahead and work hard for the things you enjoy. Don't like a test influence you on your future. You'll probably have to spend half your life doing it...

Yes, you can make an appointment with a counselor, psychologist, or whatever, and they can give you one of dozens of popular, valid tests to help you choose a career path. But you better be really specific and decisive with your answers. I took one of these tests many years ago and the psychologist at the university where I took the test told me that the test did not indicate any specific direction of interest for me. Strangely enough this did not surprise me. It was almost as if I expected such an answer from him. He told me that in all of his years of administering that particular test he had never seen that happen.