Thread: Hi frnds I need Graphic/ web designer Technical Interview Questions...?

Default Hi frnds I need Graphic/ web designer Technical Interview Questions...?

I was serched in google but i cant find any! Please send me urls or Questions
    Photoshop , Flash, web related questions i need please Help me ..Answer me ASAP ...urs frnd -Kiran Reddy

I think this is what you want

.. enjoy

Thumbs up Interview questions for WD

hi, can you share the same with me...
    Richuka

Talking web devloper Interview

The web developer job at eConnected compromised of two core components; XHTML/CSS development and PHP work. Other aspects of the job included JavaScript, MySQL and support of existing website, however I felt that these were secondary requirements.

I split the interview into two sections; general interview questions and a test of the candidates technical ability in the core aspects of the job.
    Warm Up

I wanted to start off the technical questions with just some easy questions to get them relaxed (developers seem to be a nervous bunch on the whole!). These questions also served to identify the candidates who really didn't have enough starting knowledge or impetus to be suitable for the job.

1. Can you explain the difference between server-side scripting and client-side scripting.
    2. Can you explain what XHTML is and how it differs from HTML. What about Tranisitional and Strict Doctypes?
    3. How do you keep your web design knowledge up to date?

PHP, XHTML & CSS Tests
    CSS Test

I was looking for a decent understanding of CSS syntax in this test (application of CSS is tested separately). I wanted to make sure the candidate knew enough CSS to get by.

* Download the CSS Test

Answers:

1. No closing ; for each property/value pair
    2. Using ; as a separator instead of , 3 font-face doesn't exist in CSS (looking for font-family)
    3. Tiny is not a valid font size

XHTML Test

XHTML is fairly straight forward and anyone who could deal with the CSS test should be able to breeze through this; however just to be thorough I wanted to go through this exercise.

* Download the XHTML Test Questions

Answers

1. There is no document type declaration.
    2. The title should appear between head elements.
    3. The closing heading tag is incorrect. It should be an h1.
    4. The paragraph containing the non-breaking space entity,  , should be removed as we should not be using HTML elements for layout purposes.
    5. The & should be written as & or &
    6. Bonus points for mentioning that a more descriptive page title or the use of meta data would increase the chances of the page being usefully indexed by search engines.

PHP Test

For the PHP test I put together 6 pieces of simple code and asked the candidates to explain what was happening or to tell me what the outcome was.

Whilst these were written in PHP they are very general questions and should be answerable by anyone with decent development knowledge.

* Download the PHP Test Questions

Answers

1. 10 - Trick questions relating to the scope of the the variable $num;
    2. abc - String concatenation
    3. $b - $a is a boolean and $c is an array
    4. 0 - Simple logic test
    5. Foreach loop builds an unordered list if there are any elements in the array $arr. It prints out the key and value of each item in the array.
    6. A class called person with "name" and "email" variables with getter and setter methods. set_email uses regular expressions to check if the email passed is valid and returns a boolean notification.

XHTML/CSS Coding Approach

We had previously tested to see if the candidate had a basic knowledge of the syntax of XHTML and CSS but this is a distinct skill from the approach to the coding of a web page.

In the final step I gave the candidate a screengrab from one of our websites and asked them to discuss how they would approach the coding of the page.

Thumbs up graphic designer question

When creating graphics, what do you feel is the most important aspect: Planning, design or implementation ... And why?

When working in Flash, what is a reasonable timeframe for say a 800x100 px banner?

When creating graphics, when is 'eye catching' "too much"?

In the past, what was your favoite project and why?

What is your experience with CSS and do you find it superior or inferior? Explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    When creating graphics, what do you feel is the most important aspect: Planning, design or implementation ... And why?

When working in Flash, what is a reasonable timeframe for say a 800x100 px banner?

When creating graphics, when is 'eye catching' "too much"?

In the past, what was your favoite project and why?

What is your experience with CSS and do you find it superior or inferior? Explain why.
    Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

Rgs

excellent notes. Thanks for sharing

Post Edited Awaiting reply: I completely appreciate that. I moderate a handful of forums and I know what it's like. I just wanted to let you know. The decision is down to the author hello[at]rickhuby.com whom I suggest you contact.