Thread: Police Cadets (UK) application passed - Interview Coming up soon, any tips?

Default Police Cadets (UK) application passed - Interview Coming up soon, any tips?

Hello everyone,

I have passed the application stage of getting into the Police Cadets and I now have an interview in 2 days. Im reasonably confident that everything will be alright but I need to know the following things:-

- What do I need to learn before the interview?

- What should I wear? "Smart + Casual" or "Smart + Formal"

Thanks everyone!
    Stephen
    To all the no-marks who have or who are intending to give immature and irrelevant awnsers - Piss off and dont bother.

I have asked a simple question because I want to make this work for me. If you dont have an awnser then simply don't awnser..

Stephen.

Hey! I am in the middle of the Police Cadet process! I have passed all 3 of my interviews.

I wore a suit for my interviews, but I don't know if its a requirement for your initial interview. Certainly a shirt and tie and dark trousers and shoes would be appropriate.

I dont know - but I decided to buy a watch to give off a subliminal message that I was organized (as I never had a watch before the interview)..

Right - the interview:

When you first go in, greet them with a smile and a firm handshake. Remember to maintain good eye contact.
    You will likely be sat down at a table.. likely with two interviewers on the opposite side of you. They look intimidating at first - but they talk calmly and polite!

Once settled they will ask you to use the first few minutes to tell them about yourself. Who you are, what you do, in your freetime.. etc.

Dont forget to sit straight and do not figit!

Then they will get down to bussiness:

Why do you want to join the Police Cadets?
    Why do you want to join the Police Service?

(think of these answers before you go in there because its much harder to think on the fly when timing = performance and your performance depends on you progressing to the next stage.

Know whats happening in your area - the local police initives - what local problems are going on - (anti social behavior, and what not) - also find out what division you live in and if possible, the divisional commander and even the forces mission statement!

(you should find most of the info you need on your forces own website)

After they have done with the Job part. they will try find out about your character. Here they will ask you uneasy questions on issues and how you feel about them - these include (but are no limited to): Racism, Homosexuality, Sectarianism and Bigotry, to name just four.
    (also its important that you know what they mean and the differences between them).

They will ask you various scenarios - to see what you would do. For example - what would you do if you saw your mate in an exam cheating? or If your friend asked you to skip class..
    (basically tell them what you really wouldnt do and make them think you are sensible and respectable) and dont make things up on the fly - they will see through that! they're the police at the end of the day.

Good luck, msg me more if you need other help - I have passed all my interviews - you remember that ! :P

Is this a joke?

Are you a racist bully? Do you like hitting people with sticks, driving cars fast and beating up people of colour? If yes, then you just need to convey all this in the interview and the job´s yours...

yeah dont break the law

lol

Make sure that you prepare. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!!
    The obvious questions -
    Why do you want to join the Police service?
    What qualities do you think you would bring to the Police service?
    How have you prepared for this interview?
    What do you know about........... Constabulary?

Listen to the question, you will be marked on how well you have answered it - its no good answering on a completely different topic by going off at a tangent
    Look on the Internet and find the force that you are applying for, note what is important for them.
    Know about race and diversity.
    Neighbourhood Policing is important for all forces now - know what this is.
    Don't use exclusionary language or swear words
    If you are not sure that you have hit the nail on the head when answering a question then ask the Interviewer "have I answered fully enough for you"
    If you need time to think then do so
    If you don't understand the question,ask for it to be asked again or to be put another way

Don't chew gum or anything else
    Don't waffle
    Don't make inappropriate jokes
    Be polite
    Dress Smartly - I would suggest shirt and tie.

Is it just an interview or an assessment day? - most forces have assessment days where there are role plays, written stations, interviews

Good Luck!!!

Read the guardian a lot. I have no problem with the police and actually admire them and most of their officers, but the people who are in charge of the selection process all seem to be of the politically correct lets hug and love all cultures brigade. Left wing views will get you far. As will any answer that espouses 'diverse multicultural communities.'

I am not sure but I would say dress smart casual But sorry i don t know the answer but i wish you good luck with it mate i have a lot of respect for coppers

say good bye to all your friends.