Thread: Any tips for job interviews?

Default Any tips for job interviews?

i've worked before but mostly babysitting or at my dad's business. i want to interview for a job at this health club near my house, but i don't really know how to do a good interview. tips/tricks? plzNthx

when greeted give a firm hand shack and keep eye contact also dress up a bit like ou are going to church

Here are some tips that I found helpful in my interviews:

-Research the company
    -Dress professional
    -Ask questions at least three
    -Make sure you ask when are you going to hear back from them
    -Email them a Thank you note for the interview

-Answer all their questions with a full answer, not just yes or no. If not- then give the reasons why not.
    -Write down and preplan your answers to common questions such as why did you go for this job, what are your strengths and weaknesses, what are your plans for the future, etc.
    -Speak loudly and clearly, and make eye contact often with everyone in the room even if it's the last thing you want to do.
    -Sit upright in the chair, don't slouch.
    -Pay attention to what the person says or asks- don't just smile and nod.
    -Have, say, 5 things you can list in your past experience that are RELEVANT to the job you're applying for.
    -Have a coffee just before you go in (but not too early or you'll need the toilet!).

Maintain eye-contact with your interviewer, it helps a lot. If you look sideways, that means you're dishonest. And if you look up, that means you're uncertain. You should show the interviewer that you're always certain so look at him straight at the eyes without wavering or something.
    Be smart, I don't mean to act like know-it -all, if you know something share it straightway. Just be honest, if you don't know the answer, just be honest.
    Also you have to have a very good posture, walk straight and smart, sit straight. No bows, never! and do NOT look down, always chin-up, chest out and stomach in. And keep your hands on both sides, no rubbing of hands bacause that doesn't look smart.
    Just always remember, if people see you're smart, they'll respect you and like you.
    Good luck!

Just smile, be polite, be yourself, and answer whatever questions they ask you honestly. At my first job interview for a movie theater the boss asked me what my favorite thing about myself was and what my least favorite thing was. Most of the questions you'll get, other than employment information, will be about your personality.
    Also, you want to dress appropriately. Maybe even dress up a little. Use good manners, shake the hand of the interviewer, be happy to be there, show that you're interested. Using proper English is also a big plus.
    Don't ask about pay or hours unless the job is offered to you and don't forget to take all of your information. References, Resume, ID, and Social Security Card.

Good luck!