Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first resume, please help me make it better?

Default my first resume, please help me make it better?

i know it isnt that great, but ive never written one before. i at least tried to be as formal as possible and i watched for spelling and grammar errors. what could i do to improve it? oh yeah, ive removed certain details for obvious reasons

To whom it may concern,
    My name is (blank), I am a 17 year old student at Blank Highschool, and I am interested in applying for your part time position a a photographer. While I have no formal work experience, I have taken an ROP class in photography during my junior year. I am very hands on, work very well with people, I have a willingness to learn, and I have no problems following instructions. If interested, my home number is (111)111-1111, and my email is spitfire_zzz2001@yahoo.ca
    Sincerely,
    (blank)

you put "a a" when I believe you meant "as a". I also think it'd sound better if you said

" I am very hands on, and I work well with people. (new sentence, instead of a continue from the last one) I'm willing and very eagar to learn, and I follow directions well. Thank you for your time, and consideration of my resume. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely
    Your name printed here
    Your signature here

Also, instead of ending your resume with your phone number and email, put it at the top of the page as a header. It looks more professional that way.

example

John Doe
    (555) 123-4567
    123 Sesame St, State, 55432
    emailhere@yourdomain.com

Begin letter here.

Only, lined up better than I'm able to do on yahoo. Good luck getting the job. If you need anymore help I suggest looking up free cover letters, or cover letter samples, and maybe "borrowing" a couple of their ideas......and dont forget to attach an actual resume. what you got here is just a cover letter....a good cover letter...but employers are looking for actual resumes too. On the resume you can take the opportunity to list any jobs you've already had (if any) as well as the classes you've taken that apply to the job you're trying for.

I think what you have is really good; however, it is not a resume, but more like a letter of application. Google "sample resumes" for some ides as to format. You want to include your courses and grades at school, any other interests and try to get at leasts 3 people to act as a reference for you. Teachers or anyone you have worked for as a babysitter or anything after school. You must ask them if you can use their name and number first. Since you are applying for a job as a photographer, you also might want to add more info about your class in photography, for instance, what you learned, what your fav photos are. If you get an interview, bring examples of your work.

Resume should be something unique. Don't include any certificates if you don't have much idea about it. For eg. many people do courses on Tally but they don't have any idea about that. In this case my suggestion is don't include course certificate of Tally here.
    When you are referring anyone, don't include your professors name. But can include the name of your boss with whom you have done any projects, training etc.

Always address your Resume to the name of Addressee, " To whom it may concern" is not write to write/start a cover letter. Start as.

An example...
    -----------------

Robert Samuel
    498 E. Main, Helena, MT 59601
    406-555-5780

To,
    Mr. B. Smith
    XYZ Company Limited
    3737 Bryant Avenue South,
    Minneapolis, MN 55409
    (612) 827-8361
    Dear Sir,

While going through the vacancy section of New York Times newspaper, I came to know that you are looking for a marketing person at the senior management position of the organization. I felt that my education and experience will be suitable to your requirement.

I am quite efficient in solving problems and can give a solution to any confusion that may come up in my way of working. I can come out with brilliant ideas and can very well plan market segmentation and formulate appropriate advertising strategies for those markets. If given a chance, I can prove that I will have a positive contribution in the future growth of your company.

You can easily see that my decisions are having a positive impact on the consumer buying pattern of your products and you can see the sales figures growing upwards.

Thank you for your review and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Robert Samuel

Thanks for the post Syed.

Hi,
    it is quite important to write a good resume as it is going to put an idea about you in recruiters mind. never show yourself extra ordinary through your cv but show you are special or unique. Some people put fake things in their resume it is bad practice as you can be tracked and it may be a lead cause for your rejection.
    never ever copy your friends resume and just modify that as it is not a way..Always remember you are going to represent yourself through your resume
    You can refer some sites like bestsampleresume for your concern

give some in detail with in few sentences.

Resume should be specific as it try to intend the effort for the job.It should include the skills as it decide your chances for getting the job.

You can take help of various websites which provides you the sample of resume for your profile.

abc consultants is leading manpower consultants and HR consultants in India who ensures reasonable casting for both the employer and the candidate. The aim is to help companies work better, with advice and services in all areas of work.

Hello
    i have simple details information about the
    resume tips is details in more format in Google search in def. type of formate .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast