Thread: Is it really bad to wear a black shirt to an interview?

Default Is it really bad to wear a black shirt to an interview?

Here's the whole outfit, Black herringbone shirt, blacks pants, cordovan shoes and belt, and a tie with diagonal charcoal and dark orangish red stripes. I went to interview and have been hearing some things about black shirts and interviews. Let me know people.

It sounds like a very attractive look. It might depend on the type of job, but I can't see anything wrong with your look. Sophisticated is good.

in today world of interviews of men or women, it is fine to wear black, this color represents strength & power, just be sure that you belt,shoes & socks are all the same color, and if you were to get asked back for a second interview do not wear same outfit, this is never done, maybe same pants, but different shirt. tie & then same shoes,belt. balck & brown are the 2 main colors for men. But some men prefer a sports jacket to match just be sure not wrinkled. as for ties always keep them tones down nothing loud or very bright, the one you describe sounds fine.
    The classes where i was taught resumes & the art of interviews, we had people come in dressed for them and ,we had to dress once a week our selfs just for pratice, so you sound fine, be sure and send a letter of thank you to you interviewer as this impresses them.

I don't think your outfit sounds inappropriate...in fact, it sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it. In my opinion, it's the way you sell "yourself" in the interview that's the most important. Be prepared, do research on the company and have questions to "ask" the interviewer. He or she should be focused on what you have to say, rather that your appearance and as long as you don't look sloppy (which it sounds like you won't), the black shirt should be fine. Just remember not to go overboard on the cologne (it can have a negative impact and may even remind the interviewer of past experience with another)