Thread: Have, or is anyone out there, trying the diaperless baby method of toilet...

Default Have, or is anyone out there, trying the diaperless baby method of toilet...

...training their babies? I was reading about this and found it quite interesting. What websites are out there that can teach, or show, what the signs are? Also, I would like to know what you think of the practice, if you are practicing, and the upside & downside, as well. My grandson is 1 Month and 2 weeks old, is this too young? What ages are/were your children when you started?
    Any other pertinent information will be helpful!

i know the article you are referring to from reading it on yahoo this morning. I"m not a mom and dont plan to be for a while, but in an article it talked about a woman letting her baby "go" in a public restroom sink. I think it's a great idea if done with discretion and tact. Why couldn't this woman just hold the child over the toilet?? Best of luck though - i'm a supporter but it does need a bit of tweaking in the "manners" category.

well yeah thats to young but aleast wait until there about 8 months or 9

saw this in the news today . i am marking this as an interst piece thanks

I think all that is a bunch of hawgwash. I mean toilet training at 1 month is a bit soon. My daughter is 2 and we have been trying off and on since she was 1. Give that baby time to be a baby.

I also read about an article like this today. Interesting stuff!

Im sorry not as infant. I believe that the best time to go diaperless is when they they at least start walking and fedding on their own. Unfortanaly, not all babies develope at the same. Some babies develop faster then others. I potty train oldest daughter at 12 mos as soon as she started walking, but it took her 2 weeks to get it . At 14mos.she was going on her own, it was not easy but she is very bright girl and catches things very quickly. My other children potty trained later at 2. I just did want to deal with it and said to myself that they will decide on their own to no longer use them. My youngest daughter is 19 mos and she lets me know when she needs to go, takes off her diaper constantly and goes to her potty. We had some acidents here and there but its a process but eventually they get it! Here is a TIP: Girls are easier to potty train then boys are very lazy and slow. I have 1boy and he potty train the same time as the girls but still needed help to wipe him down we did that until he was 5 yrs old and at night he did the bedwetting thing. Never could get to the restroom on time. You just need to be very patient!

My mom told me she knew a woman who was doing this with her baby back when I was little. She was successful at it, as she wrote down the times her baby usually had a bowel movement and also watched for the usual facial expressions of the baby when he was getting ready to poo. I asked my mom why she didn't do that with us. She laughed and said, "she only had the one baby to take care of, and I had 3 little ones and two in diapers." She said by the time the baby was old enough, he understood the word potty and would pat his front when he needed to go. So my point is you might have time to do this with your first baby if you are a stay at home mom, but it might be harder to do if you have a toddler with a new baby and begin to try to do this, or you are having to go back to work after the birth of your baby. Sounds like it takes a lot of effort and time.

I read the comment by Pink Princess, and it is very expensive to buy diapers for at least 3 years, but I do not think this is the only reason this person is doing this. If it is, kudos to her. I commend anyone who has the patience and time to do this, except with the part of using the public sink for a toilet as that was gross. Just imagine the amount of diapers that are taken to the landfills every single day.

Let me share something with you. I think this method is good only when the child is awake. But forget about when the child is asleep. If they can't walk how are they suppose to go to the bathroom? Potty training is different for all parents. I think you should practice the toilet method. I purchased a cartoon training seat and trained her that way. She is one and she goes on her own day and night. Good Luck. I think a month is way too young. You don't even have teeth yet at that age. Cmon.