Thread: Wal-mart interview last Thursday...?

Default Wal-mart interview last Thursday...?

So the guy there told me I did a good interview, and the second one went well! (They were both done, same day, within an hour).
    I filled out the papers, and the lady told me the criminal background check takes a couple days, and then they'll phone back. This was Thursday.
    Anyway, I assumed by 'a couple days' maybe they meant BUSINESS days.
    So, I found out they called one of my references yesterday (Monday) and she told me the lady who phoned her sounded pleased.
    I haven't heard anything back from them. They're getting new employees for overnight stockers because some people are going back to school, so I assume they need people before school starts.
    The question issss...should I wait until maybe Thursday before I call them if I don't hear anything? When would you suggest? I don't really want to be bothersome or ruin any chances.
    Thank you!

I would wait a couple more days because if your interview was Thursday afternoon ?, then they probably didnt do the background check until Friday, so that possibly means Monday and Today as the two business days.

This is just me, but I would definately wait until Thursday and then call.

Send a thank you note to the interviewer, thanking her/him for the interview, and express that you're hopeful you'll be working as part of the WalMart team. Close by saying you're looking forward to hearing from them.

A thank you note is gracious, and shows you're very interested. Please make sure to have someone else proof the note for spelling/grammar errors. Hand deliver the note to personnel.

Showing you're interest in a polite fashion is never wrong.