Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Becoming a server administrator

Default Becoming a server administrator

Hi All,

I'm not sure if my story will get you any inspiration or not. But, when i graduated out of my college in 2004 July. I never expected that every software firm i go for an interview would ask for above 75% in my graduation. I had only 62%. I remember being asked to leave a lot of interviews in front of atleast 100 poeple. Finally i joined Dell Tech support centre in Hyderabad at a salary of Rs 8000 per month. I worked there in night shifts. I knew this is not where i want to be in. I was interested in the networking queries that use to land at my desk whie i was in Dell. I then decided to do CCNA. It took me over 6 months to clear the certificsation. IT involved a lot of rigrous practises using simulators on my home system. People do MCSE first and then do CCNA but i did it reverse, as it was fairly related. I could clear the certification in Win XP and Active Directory papers as well which are a part of MCSE course module and before i could go and write anymore papaers, i deided to take 10 days leave from Dell and search for job. I got a call from swiss bank in hyderabad and was selected to join them in next 3 days after only 2 round of iterviews. I was being offered a salary 5 times the salary i was currently drawing. I'm quite happy as of now and now i'm learning solaris and dunno where will i be next.

Thanks!

Default Re: Becoming a server administrator

nice story, hope you get some good knowledge.
    It shows that with knowledge you can be last but not for long you will ultimately be number 1, or at least satisfy your needs/your self

Default Re: Becoming a server administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nikita
    nice story, hope you get some good knowledge.
    It shows that with knowledge you can be last but not for long you will ultimately be number 1, or at least satisfy your needs/your self
    Thanks for this appreciation, I believe that, with hardwork and dedication we can fulfill all our dreams. It may take some time but it will come true.

good luck......

Yes, networking related studies such as MCSE,CCNA and CCNP are good to provide good knowledge of networking. You should read server books and issues using various resources.

Nice One, wishing you bright future

Hi There !!

Nice story. All the best for your future.

Regards,
    George Buffet

All the best for your future

server is a very big tech to handle you do great job.. keep it up

Default DoD 8570 ,Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP Training/Course/

hii guys looking for security server courses just go through following site .i hope this will help u.i hope this will help u.

DoD 8570(logicalsecurity.com)

CISSP - Information Security Training - CISSP Certification - CISSP Training - Security Training - Logical Security - Shon Harris

Department of defense 8570,DoD 8570,8570,Dod 8570-a,Dodd 8570,cissp, information security training, cissp certification, cissp training, shon harris, information security professional

you have got a nice job...best wishes for your future.....

Hi All,

I'm not sure if my story will get you any inspiration or not. But, when i graduated out of my college in 2004 July. I never expected that every software firm i go for an interview would ask for above 75% in my graduation. I had only 62%. I remember being asked to leave a lot of interviews in front of atleast 100 poeple. Finally i joined Dell Tech support centre in Hyderabad at a salary of Rs 8000 per month. I worked there in night shifts. I knew this is not where i want to be in. I was interested in the networking queries that use to land at my desk whie i was in Dell. I then decided to do CCNA. It took me over 6 months to clear the certificsation. IT involved a lot of rigrous practises using simulators on my home system. People do MCSE first and then do CCNA but i did it reverse, as it was fairly related. I could clear the certification in Win XP and Active Directory papers as well which are a part of MCSE course module and before i could go and write anymore papaers, i deided to take 10 days leave from Dell and search for job. I got a call from swiss bank in hyderabad and was selected to join them in next 3 days after only 2 round of iterviews. I was being offered a salary 5 times the salary i was currently drawing. I'm quite happy as of now and now i'm learning solaris and dunno where will i be next.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast