Thread: why are girls in there adolescent years losing interest in technology?

Default why are girls in there adolescent years losing interest in technology?

Electives such as electronics, automative and horticulture should be equally accessible to male and female students. However, it is noticable that large numbers of girls have less interest in these subjects. girls are narrowing gender gap in science and math, but not in technology.

we are required to adress the genderissue in technology education.you need to discuss the following:

1) why are girls in there adolescent years losing interest in technology?

for the same reason why girls are less into star wars than boys.

it's not like the class isn't available to girls, they would just rather not take it. but that doesn't mean these girls are technologically deficit. they can probably type in the 200-300 words-per-minute range and know all about url coding, have remarkable internet skills and more. they just have other classes that they'd rather take lol.

really?
    im better then my 21 year old brother on the comp and itnernet
    i have an ipod 2 cameras mp3 2 cellphones portable dvd player
    i fixed alot of electronics in my house

im 14
    and soo lost?

all the technology stuff is from a boy's point of view. the stuff girls like is always left out of video games and things like that. You have to make it more girl friendly. Plus if you watch tv and movies, the geeks are always guys.