Thread: Will I be able to pursue a career in Health Information Technology if I have...

Default Will I be able to pursue a career in Health Information Technology if I have...

...Hepatitis B and have 3 misdemeano I am currently enrolled at the community college and wanted to know if I would be able to work in Health Information Technology if I had hepatitis B and 3 misdemeanor for issuance of bad check. The misdemeanors was from 2001. I have no other criminal record and it was 6 years ago! Will I be denied of the position. I always disclosed my record to my employers and noone realy seems to mind but I know that working in a hospital can be alittle more difficult. If I will have to work harder at it then its no problem but I just don't want to take all my courses and be denied of my certification.

I work in Health IT and although it may not hurt you, it may be a big problem. The reason is within HIT, you have access to a lot of patient and doctor information. You could have access to billing and payroll information for those medical personnel. All this is outside of the medical offices. Within the medical offices, Hep B may be an issue as I doubt they want to take chances spreading it.

Again, it is not a total loss, especially if you can prove to them that you're so good, they have to let you in even if they have their issues.