Thread: in the a few day from now I'm going to go on the interview, how to look...

Default in the a few day from now I'm going to go on the interview, how to look...

...completely polished....? stylish but not boring,profesional and seriouse? I used to work as a server, my wardrobe consist of a lot of casual clothes and my style makes me look 3 years younger of my age, so i need your ideas on the question above.(thanks)

Wear a skirt and blouse or slacks and a nice top. If you have a suit, wear that. Make sure your shoes are polished. If you don't have a suit, try to buy one since this will make you look more professional.

Don't bring a large purse with you. Bring something small and neat. Also, bring paper and pencil to make notes.

Whatever you do, don't ask about the salary. Most interviewers will tell you what it is. Ask if there are any other candidates for this position. If you want the job, ask for it. That is something the prospective employer would consider a plus in your favor. They want to hire someone who wants to work at the company.

Don't wear perfume or lots of jewelry or too much make-up. Look as professional as you can. Good luck and don't forget to send the interviewer a note thanking him/her for the opportunity to speak about the position.

For ideas get a couple of different magazines. This will help with makeup, accessories, and what types of clothing look good together and are "hip". If you got a relatively average figure I would say go for the pencil skirt (flatters the hip nicely!) A nice fitted blouse that does NOT dip too low maybe just teases the neckline. Add to the mix a simple string of pearls and matching earrings (even costume jewelry will do) Wear your hair out of your face and do not wear gaudy jewelry. Stay with solid colors, maybe throwing in a splash of color. Like a black skirt with pearl silk blouse and a leopard print pair of stiletto healed shoes - make sure your purse/ brief case coordinates with your shoes! It doesn't take much to look like a million bucks if you know what you are doing.
    You can be sexy enough for even a woman to think you attractive yet not too sexy for a man to take you for a slut. Very subtle with the make up. Use a liner that complements your eye color not just plain black. Also a little color to the lips and cheek may not hurt but don't overdo!
    Shoulders up and WORK IT GIRL!