Thread: What will the state of our technology most likely be within the next 1000 years?

Default What will the state of our technology most likely be within the next 1000 years?

This is an open-ended question.Alternatively, is there a way to predict the growth rate of technology?

I'd have to say the answer to both questions would be 'no'. If you look at all of the things we've learned in just the last 100 years, it's overwhelming. And knowledge progresses at an exponential rate. There's really no way of knowing what the next major 'breakthrough' in science / technology is going to be. Or how it will affect the World (as we know it).Doug

This is completetly impossible to guess at. Think about the most educated people in the world in the year 1007. There were seats of learning in the Middle East, but Europe was in the Dark Ages. How could anyone alive then have predicted computers, airplanes, air conditioning, radio, etc. They did not have the concepts to even think about these things. The stuff we have would appear like magic to them.

I would say... more advanced.

Technology may be the limiting factor in the longevity of technological societies. If we could get past the 300 to 500 year mark you must wonder what could happen. Technology is rising in a logarithmic spiral,and has been for a century. There must be a saturation point,this may be the reason no communication has ever been made with other technological societies like ours.

In all honesty, I doubt mankind will exisit in 300 years let alone 1000.

cmi's and interstellar travel.cmi = computer mind interface.