Thread: im an accounting major, what kind of things can i do now to help out my

Default im an accounting major, what kind of things can i do now to help out my

resume after i graduate?? i know CPA's have to have a good reputation and stuff, but is there any extra caricular activities that will boost my resume? besides a part time job doing bookkeping or something similar? also would a foreign language help my accounting resume due to the increase in mexicans in the us?

The far and away best thing that you can do is to get an Internship. Part Time jobs are good, but an internship gives you some real corporate based experience. A foreign language could help, if you are planning on hanging out a shingle and trying to serve everyone that comes through the door. But if you are planning on being a corporate CPA, then that will likely help less. Studying hard for good grades and actually passing the CPA are your main things, getting an internship is a solid #3 though.

a part time job will help you to add more boost to your resume, you will need it after you have finished your degee for a full time job/career, as most companies today seldom hired people who doesn;t have experiences likewise, you have more edge to other applicants if you take the CPA exam and passed it plus the job experience you noted on your resume.
    good luck!