Thread: Are old fashioned people too stubborn to get new technology?

Default Are old fashioned people too stubborn to get new technology?

like a computer or an ipod.

Like the omish? I would say yes

excuse me, who are you callin old. As you see there are a good many of (OLD PEOPLE) pecking away on the key boards with our feeble fingers , and wearing cheater glasses because as close as that screen is , it's still to far away, Stubborn maybe one of our traits but , I don't think it applys to technology. you asked for that.

I can answer you with the fact that my mother is 83 years old and yes she is old fashioned and will remain that way. And when my brother sent her a puter to use, she could not and sent it back even though I tried to teach her some on how to use it. She will never change and that is just a fact. Older people who run into problems they do not know how to handle tend to run from them except in facing the problem. So expect older people to run away. It will stay that way.

My mother-in-law is 77. We, my wife and I, talk to her a lot on the computer w/computer cam. Not only that, but since my father-in-law died in June of '06, she has traveled from Missouri to California, Oregon, Ohio, Virginia (4 times), Wisconsin, New Hampshire,Israel, Mexico (just came back from 2 weeks in Guadalajara), Canada and shoots great pictures with her digital camera and sends them to us even when she's on the road, using her lap top. Next summer she's taking my wife on an Alaskan cruise.

most of the time yes

yeah son my mom is still afraid of atms cause the numbers don't line up with the buttons on the screen and she thinks she's gonna take too much or not enough out. and she's like 55. old people are afraid of technology.

they don't need it.
    neither do you