Thread: please advice.....net or unix,soalris

Default please advice.....net or unix,soalris

i need some advice..

i have got two job offers..both involve development..
    The first job involves with development in unix,solaris..maily deals with IVR(Interative voice response)and CTI
    Computer telephony...) primarly deals with avvaya products..There will be giving me training as well.

The other job deals with dveleopment in .NET platform..which involves windows and web based development..also mobile
    appls...RFID and barcode stuff..

The salary package in both companies is more or less same..I have been working on .net platform for quite some time now.
    i m not sure if i jump into unix,,solaris would be the right choice...ppl are telling me to go for unix ,solaris...

i m sort of confused now....what do u ppl say?keeping in mind this is my first job??

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
    Shahbaz Yousuf.

Hello Yousuf:
    Thanks for posting your query and letting your problem to every one this way almost every freshers who faces similar problem can benifit from this.

Answer to Your query:

Answer to your query depends on what you want to choose.
    Development of IVR and CTI, is a good field plus they are giving you training this might sound/look tough at you, after a training period(in which you work hard and do the needful). you will be very confident, opportunities are more.

Where as your other option concerned based on .NET which might not give you high salary jobs, there are lot of .NET programmers available but very few IVR or CTI programmers.

If you are not good at programming, .NET is the choice you should choose.
    Since .NET makes things really easy for programmers like us.
    Hope this has given some light into your problem.
    Job Board
    Career Tips Freshers Career Plan, Tips for CAT, MBA, Study Abroad Tips...
    Resume Tips Resume Tips For Freshers and Expe... Experts, Know how to build your resume for that very important job.

Default Good

Quote Originally Posted by JobHelp View Post
    Hello Yousuf:
    Thanks for posting your query and letting your problem to every one this way almost every freshers who faces similar problem can benifit from this.

Answer to Your query:

Answer to your query depends on what you want to choose.
    Development of IVR and CTI, is a good field plus they are giving you training this might sound/look tough at you, after a training period(in which you work hard and do the needful). you will be very confident, opportunities are more.

Where as your other option concerned based on .NET which might not give you high salary jobs, there are lot of .NET programmers available but very few IVR or CTI programmers.

If you are not good at programming, .NET is the choice you should choose.
    Since .NET makes things really easy for programmers like us.
    Hope this has given some light into your problem.
    Good suggestion