Thread: I want to learn Perl, I havnt learned any languages. Should I directly

Default I want to learn Perl, I havnt learned any languages. Should I directly

jump to Perl or start with C? From where can I learn that? Is there any free tutorials avilable? Please specify the ste address... Are they really effective??
    Powered by Yahoo!

Learn Python. It's far superior to Perl.
    Powered by Yahoo!

I Would Lear C First Because Its Easy To Read For People And Computers (Don't Take The Name Of The Books As An Insult).
    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764570684.html

Then Take A Look Into Perl.
    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0764537504.html
    Powered by Yahoo!

I'd start with Perl as opposed to C, although for me it was the opposite. C is much more in-depth, it has a steeper learning curve.

I suggest a scripted language (Perl, Python, Ruby) as your first language; once you get the hang of variables, conditionals, and control structures, you'll be ready to move to C.

As for books, check out O'Reilly, the 'Learning Perl' book (aka Camel Book) is one of the best.

After you learn some Perl, check check out C/C++. Java and C# are based on the same syntax as C/C++, so jumping around will be easy at that point.

Happy coding!