Thread: can anybody tell about any general instrument for giving signals in java and...

Default can anybody tell about any general instrument for giving signals in java and...

...from where i can obtain it? please tell about any general instrument available in the market by which i can give any signal to instrument by computer using java programming. it should be easy to use and connect (like from usb port )and from where i can obtain it
    Powered by Yahoo!

USB devices are more modern in that they are really just "plug and play" with a standard cable. But writing the driver is harder.

I still believe that -- even today -- you can consider serial as an alternative to USB devices because the programming is easier. And although making the RS-232 serial cable compatible with the software is a potential problem, serial cables can be much longer than USB cables (if that's an issue for your application).

But, like the other poster wrote, you need to be more specific. What kind of peripheral device are you going to connect your Java app running on your computer?