Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is better ASP.NET, JAVA ?

Arrow Which is better ASP.NET, JAVA ?

Hi, I am Rajan. I've completed BCA from IGNOU with 60% marks n pursuing MCA from the same. I want to do some professional courses training to remain in the competition. there are alot of options for me to opt and i am not able to decide what to do. please tell me which is better for me, I mean whether I should go for ASP.NET, JAVA or IBM Mainframe programming?
    My second query is - Can I get job in an MNC after doing such professional course and BCA degree in hand? and how much salary as a fresher I should expect?
    Please do reply me. I want to start my career as soon as possible.
    Thanks in advance.

It all depends on Your Interest?
    What is your Best way of doing/finding success more with either JAVA or .NET lies totally with your ability to adopt to these languages and evolve around them.

And Become a senior Programmer, to manage and enhance the already existing or developing new Projects.

Both ASP.NET and JAVA have great careers Ahead.
    Go through some of the online references and read some reviews about them, maybe some good books. You will know where you are interested more...
    That is the way to go about it. If you want to fly high....
    Job Board
    Career Tips Freshers Career Plan, Tips for CAT, MBA, Study Abroad Tips...
    Resume Tips Resume Tips For Freshers and Expe... Experts, Know how to build your resume for that very important job.

Quote Originally Posted by JobHelp View Post
    It all depends on Your Interest?
    What is your Best way of doing/finding success more with either JAVA or .NET lies totally with your ability to adopt to these languages and evolve around them.

And Become a senior Programmer, to manage and enhance the already existing or developing new Projects.

Both ASP.NET and JAVA have great careers Ahead.
    Go through some of the online references and read some reviews about them, maybe some good books. You will know where you are interested more...
    That is the way to go about it. If you want to fly high....
    Thank you very much for your valuable reply. If we talk about my interests, I was always interested in Network and Data Security but as I am from a backward area near Indo-pak border situated in Punjab, I didnt get proper guidance. Then a friend of mine who is already working IBM Delhi suggested me to go for software line rather than Security as I m pursuing MCA which is related to Software. I dont know whether he is right or wrong. but then I decided to go for software profession.
    Anyhow.. I've not studied ASP.NET during my graduation but i have gone through java's basics as i had just a theory paper of java in my BCA and I didnt do any programming in JAVA. But still I know C and C++ well.
    Now my question is whether I should go for JAVA or .NET?
    and its a humble request to tell me any good training center in NEW DELHI. I am already searching but I am pretty confused to choose among them.
    please reply soon.
    Regards,
    Rajan

IIHT or NIIT training institutes will be good in New Delhi. You can find many such institutes located near you.

If you still have some chance try and go for Networking and Security if you are still in touch with Networks; If you have totally forgotten whats Network and Security is better to go for JAVA, Since you have already done some BASIC Java.
    Job Board
    Resume Tips Resume Tips For Freshers and Expe... Experts, Know how to build your resume for that very important job.

IIHT or NIIT training institutes will be good in New Delhi. You can find many such institutes located near you.

If you still have some chance try and go for Networking and Security if you are still in touch with Networks; If you have totally forgotten whats Network and Security is better to go for JAVA, Since you have already done some BASIC Java.
    Thank u sir. Thank u for ur kind advice. now i can set a target. Regarding my Networks knowledge, I possess the theoretical knowledge but dont have any practical knowledge or experience of handling networks. so Java is a better option now. What do you say?
    Regards,
    Rajan.

Network is a mixture of theoretical and practical knowledge which helps in quick and dynamic trouble shooting/problem solving skills.

Yes Go Ahead with JAVA - Now that you have decided keep your focus on it and make sure you master it.
    Job Board

Network is a mixture of theoretical and practical knowledge which helps in quick and dynamic trouble shooting/problem solving skills.

Yes Go Ahead with JAVA - Now that you have decided keep your focus on it and make sure you master it.
    Sure.. Thanks for all your help.
    Regards,
    Rajan.

There is one more question for you to answer plz.
    I am searching for NIIT institutes in delhi for java training. while searching for these institutes I came to know about two companies that give training in java technologies and give placements also.
    These companies are- Ducat India and High Technologies Solutions (HTS).
    Are these companies reliable and not fake?
    Does these companies give proper training and also give good placements?
    Please guide me to which Training Institute/company I should go for.
    Regards,
    Rajan.

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying due to extra work I some times forget whats happening around me.

To answer your query. Every institute you walk-in to says the same old story, We give you the best Industry training and Best possible Job placement, at the end of the day, when the course is finished they will arrange few Interviews/written tests for you, if you clear those tests you will get into that particular company.

I'm not aware about the companies you have mentioned above.
    Best thing is to join the with the leader. We all know that NIIT is the leader in training institutes, you have to pay a little more, but any one can pay a bit more for professionalism and accurate training, instead of going for a cheaper option where you will have to see if the trainee[teacher] has come today/or tomorrow is holiday due to some system failure. I'm not cretisisng about any one single institute nor m too critical about other institutes not I have any endorsements with NIIT or any such Big training institutes.
    My personal opinion is to be with the leader, to be successful, always swim with the water current, not the opposite direction.
    Let me know if you need any thing else answered.
    Job Board

A bundle of Thanks. Now everything is crystal clear. I've decided to go for NIIT. there is no doubt or something like that in my mind. Thanks for all your guidance and help. I hope you'll always be as helpful as today whenever I need your help in future.
    Thanks again,
    Kind Regards,
    Rajan.

I am Glad I was able to help you out.
    Have a good day and a great career ahead.
    Job Board

Well ASP.net is better now a days because it is easy to understand and its built in functions help a lot in making excellent dynamic web applications. and currently the demand of ASP.net is very high in the IT industry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast