Thread: Why there is so much craze for IIT(Indian Institute of Technology)?

Default Why there is so much craze for IIT(Indian Institute of Technology)?

I have 2 problems.
    1: What is in IIT that its craze is increasing day by day? Why everyone tells the one who gets 90+ in his 10th,to opt Science and try for IIT?What is the average pay package of an IITian?Is life really good in IITs?

2: I am also preparing for IIT but don't know much about it.I just know that their is something very kool about IIT.Please help.How should I manage my class 12th & IIT preparation?My 11th concepts are also not clear.I have joined a coaching institute for IIT-JEE preparation.They give a lot of homework.How should I study?Plz help me plan a schedule for studying.I go to school 3 days a week though the school wants me to come regularly.School is from 8am-1 pm & classes are from 3 pm to 9pm(sumtimes 10 pm).How should I manage my studies according to this schedule?