Thread: What is Best Web Language for Website designing & as well as CGI Scripting...

Default What is Best Web Language for Website designing & as well as CGI Scripting...

...Perl/Java/Php/ HTML/XML/JSP etc ???
    Java ----JSP

Is valid for both side [Server & Client]
    Powered by Yahoo!

Most professional, dynamic sites will use a combo of a lot of those scripts. Although some use ASP instead of PHP, but that kind of depends on what your server supports.

XHTML/CSS is the new hotness for layout. You'd be hard pressed to find a site designed by a pro in the last year that didn't have that as a basis.

PHP/ASP are the server side languages that handle big dynamic sites like Myspace, and a lot of news outlets.

Javascript is overused, to be honest...but it has a great place in the field for things like form validation.

There are a bunch of other technologies out there. Not one is the all-out best, but some are better than others for a job at hand.