Thread: can anybody tell whether syntel company is good or bad?

Default can anybody tell whether syntel company is good or bad?

i recently got placed in syntel.i would like to know about the company
    Powered by Yahoo! Answers

I'll try and find out hopefully.
    Job Board
    Career Tips Freshers Career Plan, Tips for CAT, MBA, Study Abroad Tips...
    Resume Tips Resume Tips For Freshers and Expe... Experts, Know how to build your resume for that very important job.

Quote Originally Posted by JobHelp View Post
    I'll try and find out hopefully.
    it would gr8 if you can clarify whether Syntel is black listed, as i have an offer from them.

After doing some research about the company there are many people say many things about this company here is what they are talking about.
    Grishma Dube
    I've 2-3 friends of mine working there....but the feedback i got from them is not very good...

they are not happy with the work and even the pkg they are getting. According to them, the company is not providing basic facilities also like outgoing calls, tea, etc. ofcourse the facilities are not my concern. But the work and work culture.

Specifically i wanted to know, how good is this company for J2ee...this came in to my mind bcoz the person, who took my interview asked me 'which app server are u using?', my answer to this was 'Oracle9ias'. He said that this is the backend but which app server??? after specifing that oracle's app server also, he was not very satisfied. if the people there are so ignorant abt J2ee, then it will be diff to work with them..
    Atul Saxena
    Syntel is really a very bad company. No ethics, no standards, all politics. If your manager belongs to the region where you belongs to-you are at mount everest otherwise not. Even if you are at onsite-it's still the same. They take people from low end college-not even engineers so that they can pay them very low. No training and no approach-people just do hit and trial and slog to find out the solution. There is nothing called design and analsysis phase here.
    --------------

This company started in 1981 with Infy and others and right now infy is almost 10 times bigger in size and revenue to it. It is having a higher attrition-good people donot stay there-it is basically a company for 1-2 yrs. exp. kind of people-provided you are being rejected everywhere else. Slowly and slowly every other company has taken their clients from them and it is not a company for long term career etc. No good salary, no integrity in management and they have lots of back wages cases from DOL(Dept. of Labor) in US because of which they are not able to file Green cards also. Mainly work is in mainframe and that too maintenance. If you know Marathi but no java, c++, mainframe-you can grow there.... 50% of the people are frustrated because they cannot get job elsewhere-they are surviving because of politics and 50% people donot let others to stay there.
    Sachin Yadav
    I think atul is right. My friend's brother is chief architect in syntel. when my friend call his brother at syntel (USA) and asked what's going on now a days? he always says "i am hitting hard on indian team and keep them working late at night". This shows the work culture at syntel. This is all i know about this company, rest is on you to take a decision to join or not, but i would never say YES to syntel.
    Vikas
    I heard the same about Syntel. It's very bad company and really too much politics. Heard some big shot out there in Mumbai office just does the advertising for 'Art of Living' (lol). Well they are not systematic and organized. Good amount of chaos. Anybody can get any hike or any designation at any point of time in the year. People make fun of it's logo "Consider it done"-only consider it and never do anything. They have got such a high beatings from some other indian companies at almost all the clients that their count is just decreasing day by day because of sloppy design and development work done by done. People at higher level leaves this company like anything. Only people who can survive this politics can stay there....
    Remember all these are not my views.
    Unless I get myself a clear view I will not reach any clear direction whether there is a politics in the company or not, if you are jobless need one job wasting precious time, it is better to have a job rather then sit at home and ask money from your parents.
    Job Board
    Career Tips Freshers Career Plan, Tips for CAT, MBA, Study Abroad Tips...
    Resume Tips Resume Tips For Freshers and Expe... Experts, Know how to build your resume for that very important job.

Thanks for your reply!!
    I am actually working in a Level 5 MNC, just got an offer from syntel so i thot of researching about the company.

Thanks again.