Thread: Next interview tommorow ???

Default Next interview tommorow ???

I have got an interview tommorow with next because a member of my family who is manager at another store phoned for me, I was wondering is this a disadvantage because everyone else got it through handing a cv in etc. But also what is the best interview tips do you have aprart from be presentable and confident??

Find out a bit about the company and have a few questions of your own to ask (promotion prospects, holidays etc)

You'll be fine. Interviewers like you to make eye contact, just one tip i picked up. Good luck.x

Someone vouching for you inside the company can really improve your chances of getting a job. Why, believe it or not just finding sane employees that will show up and not steal everything in sight is a tough, and many of those guys actually can do very well in interviews, but even a family member doesn´t want to put his job at risk for a truly bad potential employee.

As far as tips to remember, they are truly considering you for the job, so you really need to find out if you´d like this job. Ask questions, which store your working at, what are the hours, dress code, who is your direct supervisor...what ever is of concern to you.

Notice I phased questions like you already have the job. This is a salesman´s trick, assume you have the job. I have even asked in job interviews when do we start and it worked.

Good Luck,

Having connections is a perk, not a disadvantage. Because you already know an employee, she can vouch for your character and work ethic. Whenever I've used connections, I've usually gotten the job at hand, whereas it's harder to get in the door with a traditional application. I sense that you may feel guilty for your advantage, but be glad--networking is how most people get their jobs.

In interviews, my best tip is to prepare ahead of time. Tonight, look up common interview questions and practice writing answers to them. Don't memorize them, but review a couple of times. When you feel tired of looking at the information, that probably means that it's sunk in. While you can never predict what questions you might be asked, this exercise will help you get in the proper mindset and spur your thinking so you can answer questions satisfactorily.

Also, look over your CV and think about how your skills might be a good match for the position. When you get there, don't be afraid to promote yourself. If you successfully completed projects that were related to the job, talk about those. When you exit, be polite and tell the interviewer that you enjoyed meeting him. Good manners leave a favorable impression. Good luck!