Thread: I was offered the position,but now they're doing a background check...I

Default I was offered the position,but now they're doing a background check...I

lied on my resume and now I'm paranoid I was getting sick and tired of applying everywhere and not getting called in for an interview, so I started lying on my resume. I added a job that I never worked at. So now I've gone through all the interviews and was offered the position Monday...now I'm just waiting for the background check. Has anyone ever lied about their work history and still got the job? And please, all you self-righteous people, I don't need you telling me that lying on my resume is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by h-nizzle View Post
    lied on my resume ....now I'm just waiting for the background check. Has anyone ever lied about their work history and still got the job?
    Most pre-employment background checks only verify the last 3 employers that you list on your application. I left off some employers that did not like me, but they were not the last 3 so I did not have to show any gaps in my employment record. I got that job.
    In the USA, it is easy to lose a job because you lied on your resume. Typically, Pre Employment Screen Background Checks include: Verification of identity, SSN, employment history, education, and address history. Checks State and county criminal records, sexual offender, terrorist watch, credit check, bankruptcy. (Federal criminal records available.) Matched by name & birthday.
    Violence In The Workplace and Solution with A Free public criminal record check

It is common news in the headlines today that an employee has become violent and people were injured or killed. A free public criminal record check can provide information about any crimes that the subject has committed in the past. Knowing this information can help you reduce any risks and take any necessary actions to help reduce workplace violence before it starts. A free public criminal record check will show things like assault, battery, and other violent crimes which indicate this individual is capable of violent behavior. Knowing this information makes you aware of the increased risks so that you can act to reduce them. A free public criminal record check will not stop workplace violence, but it can help you to minimize the risks by having all the facts.